Monday, August 04, 2008

Prayer for Forgiveness of Sins

I came across this beautiful Prayer for Forgiveness of Sins by Saint Gemma Galgani last night on a holy card, and thought I would post it here.
My Jesus, I place all my sins before you. In my estimation they do not deserve pardon, but I ask you...to close your eyes to my want of merit and open them to your infinite merit. Since you willed to die for my sins, grant me forgiveness for all of them. Thus, I may no longer feel the burden of my sins, a burden that oppresses me beyond measure.

Assist me, dear Jesus, for I desire to become good no matter what the cost. Take away, destroy, and utterly root out whatever you find in me that is contrary to your holy will. At the same time, dear Jesus, illumine me so that I may walk in your holy light.

~St. Gemma Galgani

3 comments:

Michele said...

please also pray for morgan freeman and his friend who was badly injured in a car accident. you may post a prayer for him on my blog as i made a post about it.
God bless him, and his friend and all accident victims world wide.

Michele said...

oh, and also may i recommend to your dear readers, that they say if they want, the Chaplet of Divine Mercy for him, and all others who have been in an accident.

Staying in Balance said...

Thanks for the reminder, Marilena.

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku