Friday, August 22, 2008

Praise God

My husband got a job yesterday. Things will be tight for a while, but I know that God has a plan for our lives.

The song below, "On Eagle's Wings" is based on Psalm 91:

You who dwell in the shelter of the Most High, who abide in the shadow of the Almighty, say to the LORD, "My refuge and fortress, my God in whom I trust."

God will rescue you from the fowler's snare, from the destroying plague. He will shelter you with pinions, spread wings that you may take refuge; God's faithfulness is a protecting shield.
You shall not fear the terror of the night nor the arrow that flies by day,
Nor the pestilence that roams in darkness, nor the plague that ravages at noon.

Though a thousand fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, near you it shall not come.

You need simply watch; the punishment of the wicked you will see.
You have the LORD for your refuge; you have made the Most High your stronghold. No evil shall befall you, no affliction come near your tent.
For God commands the angels to guard you in all your ways.

With their hands they shall support you, lest you strike your foot against a stone. You shall tread upon the asp and the viper, trample the lion and the dragon.

Whoever clings to me I will deliver; whoever knows my name I will set on high. All who call upon me I will answer; I will be with them in distress; I will deliver them and give them honor.

With length of days I will satisfy them and show them my saving power.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank the Lord..this is GREAT news!!

Thank you St Joseph the Worker for your intersession.

God Bless
LC

Michele said...

iam delighted he got a job!:) please pray for frank 9my hubby) that he gets a decent paying job on the coast of british columbia. he has a job here in alberta, but its far to hot for us here. i'd prefer to live at the coast where its about 10 degrees cooler than it is here!

Staying in Balance said...

I'll pray for your husband, Marilena.

Paul said...

God be praised!

Now may St. Joseph the Worker pray that I would find work out West.

Marilena: I never thought of Alberta as hot, but I guess the Plains just let the heat roll on up from the south. So I learned something today!

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku