Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Pray for China!


Voice of the Martyrs, an organization raising awareness of modern persecution of Christians around the globe, has begun an initiative to pray for China during the upcoming Olympic games. They will send out a special prayer bracelet reminding wearers to pray for China during the upcoming Olympic Games to be held there. This bracelet is free for the asking.

The image on this post is of Chinese people praying at a Catholic church Xinghe village Shanxi Xian.

Note: I updated the link in this post to take readers to the FREE bracelet. Let me know if it still doesn't work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dymphna- The bracelets are not free. I just tried to order one and they wanted $8. (w/ shipping). If you know of a way to get one free or cheaper, please let me know. Jennie

Staying in Balance said...

Really?! When I clicked through, it specifically said $0.00. Did you try to order more than one at a time, perhaps?

Staying in Balance said...

Note: I updated the link to a page that says they are free. I think the other link was made after I had ordered my free bracelet and was assuming that I was trying to order another one. The link should work correctly now.

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku