Saturday, June 28, 2008

Iced Tea


Now that summer is here in full force, check out Iced Tea Hound's iced tea recipes. Mmmmmmmmmm!

Here is a recipe for mint iced tea from Paula Deen on the Food Network:

1 quart water
4 family size tea bags (recommended: Luzzienne)
2 cups sugar
1 bunch mint leaves
1 lemon, slices for garnish

In a large pot bring the water to a boil. Remove pot from heat, add the tea bags, cover with a lid, and allow tea to steep in water for 20 minutes. Take a 1 gallon jug and pour the sugar into the jug and cover with some hot tap water. Stir the sugar around to dissolve while the tea is steeping. Once the tea has steeped, remove the lid and the tea bags. Pour the tea into the jug with the sugar, stir, and place the tea bags back into the jug. Stir the tea well, making sure the sugar dissolves. Fill the jug with cold water to yield 1 gallon.

To serve, pour each glass of tea and garnish with a slice of lemon and mint leaves.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice!It's very useful.
I can make it myself now,haha.
My blog about Tea

Staying in Balance said...

Thanks for the link!

Anonymous said...

I like everything but the amount of sugar. I truly don't like my tea real sweet. If it's a real good tea (not bitter) I don't add any sweenter at all other wise I only add enough to take any bitterness away. I'd also probably add the mint leaves to the warm tea and remove them once the tea is chilled. But at any rate this post made me long for some homemade ice tea!!

Ladycub

Bec said...

mmm... sounds good! one of my favorite "store-bought" iced teas is tazo's green lime mojito tea... mojitos are just simple syrup, rum, lime and mint... one of the best summer drinks... but this recipe is just green tea, lime juice, mint leaves, and sweetener of choice... all the refreshment, none of the alcohol :)

oh, and tea! yum!

Staying in Balance said...

My dad insisted that iced tea be unsweetened, so everyone could sweeten his or her glass to taste. I actually like unsweet tea and often order it that way. I also drink iced coffee unsweetened, but can't do hot coffee without lots of "pollution."

Rebecca: that recipe sounds good!! I'll have to try it one day.

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku