2. Real tree or artificial? Small artificial with fiber-optic lights. Easy, pretty. One bulb.
3. When do you put up the tree? I usually put up the tree sometime around "Gaudete Sunday"--the third Sunday in Advent--the "rose" Sunday.
4. When do you take the tree down? It stays up until at least Epiphany. I'd keep it up longer if DH wouldn't fuss so much about it.
5. Do you like eggnog? As long as it doesn't have alcohol in it.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hmmm....I don't know about "favorite", but I do remember one year when my sister and I got matching "twin" dolls, which was fun. Also, one year we got Crissy and Velvet dolls whose hair would lengthen if you pushed a button on their tummy and pulled out their pony tails!
7. Do you have a Nativity scene? Yes, we have a couple nativity scenes. We have one from DiGiovanni (see picture) but with a larger, handmade stable and a larger angel, one from St. Croix that is made of clay and breaks every year (Christmas time = glue-gun time!) and a plastic one I got ds when he was little.
8. Hardest person to buy for? I think guys are hard to buy for.
9. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Hmmm...I'm not sure I want to go there.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Snail mail, although the number of cards I receive gets smaller by the year. I'm starting to think the whole thing will die out in a few years. Kind of makes me sad.
11. Favorite Christmas Movie? "A Christmas Carol," 1951 version will ALWAYS be the best. I also like "A Charlie Brown Christmas." Both of those were made back when Christmas specials could actually talk a little about...shhhh.....Christ!!!!!
12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Sometimes I start to shop in the fall, if I see things I think people will like.
13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I'm sure I have sometime. I may even this year.
14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? That's a good question. I like Christmas cookies and candy canes.
15. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored, fiber-optic, that twinkle. DH likes "blinkies". I always thought that blinky lights were reserved for the doctor's office, which we spent quite a bit of time in during Christmas when I was a kid.
16. Favorite Christmas song. "Lo, How a Rose 'Er Blooming." It's even nice in German.
17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Well, we travel for the Christmas season. Sometimes it's on Christmas Day proper and sometimes it's not.
18. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer. Yep.
19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel. Always an angel.
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Normally Christmas morning, but sometimes DH remembers that his family opened one on Christmas Eve and we do that too.
21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Spending money. The materialism. Ungrateful people.