Sunday, November 11, 2007

Don't drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.


I have a story to tell you. The other night, dh and I were coming home from Church, following each other in separate cars. I was in front, in my car, and he was following behind me in his car.

I admit I was going too fast down a country road on our way home when I heard a horn beep. I realized sheepishly that I was indeed going too fast, and thought, "How like dh--he's warning me to watch out for deer."

I hadn't completely formed the thought, when a deer *did* step out into the road and I slowed WAY down, just in time to avoid hitting it.

Afterwards, my dh said, "You did great back there--you slowed right down where you knew there'd be deer."

I said, "Didn't you beep at me to warn me?"

He said he hadn't.

Hmmmm....I wonder what kind of car my guardian angel drives.

2 comments:

Autumn said...

Oh wow! That's amazing :¬)

I have been awfully neglectful of your blog lately, and just wanted to drop by with a hello and a prayer. I miss you on the RG, too! God bless you today!

AR xx

Staying in Balance said...

Thanks so much, AutumRose!!

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku