Monday, October 15, 2007

Sleeping With Bread

Today's Sleeping With Bread is about Autumn. Although we have no fall color here yet, except the occasional brown and lots of green still, I am very grateful for the cooler weather!!!

During college, I decided that cool weather was God's way of greeting me every morning, as I walked to breakfast. I really appreciate the seasons. I'm kind of a season-dork. Every seasons brings a new wreath on my door, new candles around my house, and new icons/statues on my mantel.

I think the Church has seen that "to everything there is a season" and follows God's creation throughout the Church year.

5 comments:

Michele said...

well written. very nice.

Staying in Balance said...

Thank you, DM!

Michele said...

:)

FoozJen said...

Ditto. I've always loved the 4 seasons and the rhythm of life they bring.

I remember being incredibly sad when we moved from New York to Louisiana at age 9. The seasons while there, are much less pronounced and snowflakes are far and few in between.

Staying in Balance said...

I always feel sad when we have a winter without snow. Is it just my imagination that it snowed more when I was a kid?

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku