Thursday, September 06, 2007

Do it.

I went to a viewing at a funeral home today. A friend of my mother and aunt just passed away. They were all friends for SIXTY-FIVE years. Just ponder that for a minute. They were friends since before the second world war ended.

On her 79th birthday, this friend told her children that all she wanted was to have lunch with my mom and aunt. Imagine that. Imagine that kind of friendship.

Do it. Go the extra mile. Pick up that phone. Write that letter. Actually "do" that lunch that you've been talking about. More than that, take someone else to that lunch who otherwise wouldn't be able to go. It's worth it. And it could all end tomorrow.

2 comments:

Joyful Catholics said...

Amen sista! And support, pray for, and write that priest a letter/card and thank him for al his labor, spending and consuming himself for Christ, to save souls. He just may be battling more and struggling more than you know!

I'm not blogging right now, as I've taken a break, but I ask you and your readers to please stop by my blog and read my last post for a while about Fr. Kevin Fete's photography collection in a find "coffee table" book. I've been praying to him since he passed on to glory last Summer and it's been nothing less than phenomenal all that has taken place in my life since praying to this holy man and "priest forever." Bless you and your readers and thank you for this lovely post!

PAX,
susie

Staying in Balance said...

Thanks, Susie.

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku