Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Dentist

I've always thought that going to the dentist was a bit like going to confession. You don't want to do it, but you always feel better afterwards for having done it.

Today I realized, though, that when going to confession, you tell the priest your sins. With the dentist, he tells *you* your "sins"!

After lying in the chair and getting a sharp object stuck repeatedly in my gums, Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucketand hearing ever increasing numbers being calmly called out by the hygenist, I hear someone in the next room getting, "2-2-2; 1-2-2; 2-2-2" and similar numbers being read. I bet the patient was in his teens. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My day at the dentist is tomorrow evening. And yes I'm sure the Dentist will be telling my my "sins" (Bless me Dentist for I have sinned..I have not been for a cleaning/check-up in #hidden number# years).

xxxxxx said...

Too funny! What a great thing though to offer up!

Staying in Balance said...

Ladycub: I'll have to remember that: "Bless me Dentist for I have sinned"! Good luck at your appointment. My mom gets a rout canal tomorrow.

Yes, Diana, I do try to remember to offer it up. The rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet get me through it.

Innocent said...

I've always thought that going to the dentist was a bit like going to confession. You don't want to do it, but you always feel better afterwards for having done it.

Hee hee. What an accurate analogy!

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku