Monday, April 23, 2007

Meditation on Luke 12


Are not five sparrows sold for two small coins? Yet not one of them has escaped the notice of God.
~Luke 12:6


Jesus, I trust in You.

Even the hairs of your head have all been counted. Do not be afraid.
~Luke 12:7


Jesus, I trust in You.

Do not worry about your life and what you will eat, or about your body and what you will wear.
~Luke 12:22


Jesus, I trust in You.

Notice the ravens: they do not sow or reap; they have neither storehouse nor barn, yet God feeds them. How much more important are you than birds!
~Luke 12:24


Jesus, I trust in You.

Can any of you by worrying add a moment to your lifespan?
~Luke 12:25


Jesus, I trust in You.

If even the smallest things are beyond your control, why are you anxious about the rest?
~Luke 12:26


Jesus, I trust in You.

Do not be afraid any longer, little flock, for your Father is pleased to give you the kingdom.
~Luke 12:32


Jesus, I trust in You.

Do not worry anymore
~Luke 12:29


Jesus, I trust in You.

No comments:

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku