Saturday, April 28, 2007

Healing Prayer at Bedtime

Lord Jesus,
through the power of the Holy Spirit,
go back into my memory as I sleep.
Every hurt that has ever been done to me,
heal that hurt.
Every hurt that I have ever caused
another person, heal that hurt.
All the relationships that have been
damaged in my whole life
that I am not aware of,
heal those relationships.
But, Lord,
if there is anything that I need to do,
If I need to go to a person
because he or she is still suffering
from my hand,
bring to my awareness that person,
I choose to forgive,
and I ask to be forgiven.
Remove whatever bitterness
may be in my heart, Lord,
and fill the empty spaces with your love.
Amen.

Hat tip to Zarozinnia at Catholic Answers Forum.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is BEAUTIFUL!

Staying in Balance said...

It is. A great prayer to say at bedtime, I think.

Anonymous said...

Copy and paste now in my prayer folder.:-).Good prayer.

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku