Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Oh Worship the King!

On the Feast of the Epiphany, our parish hosted our Bishop, Kevin Rhodes. As I remember, everything went surprisingly well. This week, a parishoner has displayed all the photos she took of the occasion and has offered people copies. As I looked over the pictures, I noticed how beautiful the sanctuary was, with all the Christmas decorations. I also noticed how exquisite the priests' vestments were and how handsomely the parishioners were dressed.

Then it occured to me--why do we not take this much care in the quality of our worship every week? Jesus is far more important and is present in the Blessed Sacrament every day.

No comments:

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku