Saturday, January 27, 2007

Six weird things about me.

This is, apparently, going around the blogosphere. I saw it on a message board and decided to post it. I tag whoever else wants to do it.

1.) There are a number of "must see/must have seen" movies that I never saw when they were first out, and have not seen since (and, yes, I was old enough at the time they were first out to have seen them.) These include:

a. Starwars

b. Roots

2.) I have NEVER smoked ANYTHING. (And I grew up in the 60's/70's)

3.) I do, however, DREAM about smoking. These dreams are so realistic that I have to remind myself when I wake up, that I have never smoked in my life. The only thing I can attribute this to, is the fact that my mom smoked while she carried me.

4.) I'm not afraid of snakes.

5.) I am afraid of having my eyes dialated.

6.) I love tofu--even uncooked.

4 comments:

Darrell said...

1) OK,
a. You're not missing much, IMHO.
b. "Roots" really is good.

2) I have smoked. I had a very pharmaceutically irresponsible teenage life, and I have to confess that I've smoked many things. I'm not proud of that, and I can say for sure that you're not missing anything there, either.

3) I almost always dream about strange interactions with celebrities. I once dreamed that a close friend brought Mariah Carrey to my house and she asked that we have the bathroom remodeled so she could record music in there. My wife was livid.

4) Ditto. I actually like snakes.

5) Huh?

6) Home-style Schezuan (sp?) Fried Tofu With Vegetable. Mmmmmmm.

Staying in Balance said...

Thanks for the reply, Darrell. Re: #5, I seem to have a physical reaction to having my eyes dialated. Makes me feel faint. Thus, I hate it.

Anonymous said...

I would rather get my pupils dilated every day of the week than eat tofu.

Staying in Balance said...

Ewwww, no!

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku