Saturday, December 23, 2006

Devotional Meme

I was tagged with this Devotional Meme by Moneybags from A Catholic Life.

1. Favorite devotion or prayer to Jesus? Mass is the first. I like the morning offering too. I feel like all prayer is a prayer to Jesus.

2. Favorite Marian devotion or prayer? The Rosary, Devotion to Our Lady of the Immaculate Heart.

3. Do you wear a scapular or medal? It varies. I wear a Miraculous Medal, along with a medal of St. Therese, St. Dymphna, and The St. Benedict's, Papal and San Damiano Crucifixes, at various times.

4. Do you have holy water in your home? Yes, I do.

5. Do you 'offer up' your sufferings? I make a morning offering when I say the Rosary on the first Our Father bead.

6. Do you observe First Fridays and First Saturdays? No. I haven't done that so far.

7. Do you go to Eucharistic Adoration? How frequently? I do sometimes. I find it easier for my ADD mind to go to Mass, though.

8. Are you a Saturday evening Mass person or Sunday morning Mass person? We currently do the music at the Sunday Morning Mass. I don't like the rush-out-the-door feeling I often get at Saturday evening Masses.

9. Do you say prayers at mealtime? This is one thing I consistently forget. I really need to make this a New Year's resolution this year.

10. Favorite Saint(s)? St. Therese of Lieseux, St. Rose of Lima, St. Dymphna, St. Francis

11. Can you recite the Apostles Creed by heart? Yes.

12. Do you usually say short prayers (aspirations) during the course of the day? Not nearly as much as I should. Moneybags suggests the Jesus Prayer--"Jesus, Son of God, have mercy on me". He also suggests saying the name of "Jesus" , which is very powerful. Another New Year's Resolution for me.

13. Bonus Question: When you pass by a automobile accident or other serious mishap, do you say a quick prayer for the folks involved? Very occasionally, I'll remember to do this. Definately worthwhile. I try to remember to pray when I see an ambulance pass by.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mother taught us to say an Our Father whenever we hear a siren. To this day, whenever I see an accident or hear a siren I say a little prayer.

Staying in Balance said...

Awww. That's really neat.

Anonymous said...

Great answers. Thanks for participating.

Staying in Balance said...

You're welcome, Moneybags.

Anonymous said...

Nice answers! I'm enjoying reading about the devotional lives of others.

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku