1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Either is good. I won't turn down Egg Nog (unspiked) since its a once a year treat.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? When I was kid, Santa just put them into 2 piles, one for me and one for my sister. Given the fact that Santa also had to put up ALL the Christmas decorations the same night, I can totally understand why he didn't wrap our gifts! [Edited to add: Who was Santa's main "elf" and did 99.89% of all that Christmas work the night before? Mom, of course!]
Now, though, I put up the decorations, usually by the third Sunday of Advent, so Santa now wraps.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored. Fiber optic. Built into the tree. Couldn't be easier. DH loves "blinkies".
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. My mom used to, though when we were young adults at home.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually Gaudete Sunday--the Rose (pink) Sunday (The Third Sunday of Advent.) DH says not before his brother's birthday on the 15th.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I'm pretty open food-wise! For some reason I don't have a "must-have" dish for Christmas.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: I used to love coming down and seeing the house transformed for Christmas. I especially liked the nativity scene. Still love them.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was one of those kids who held out as long as I could. I think one of the O'Boyle's told me in girl scouts one day. Took me a while to believe it, though.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? DH did this as a kid and, if he (or ds) remembers and asks, we will.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Various ornaments. I love the varied look. To me, a Christmas tree tells a story of the family who is decorating it. Each ornament has its own memory.
11. Snow? Love it or Dread it? Love it!! Can't wait!
12. Can you ice skate? ...sort of...
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? One year we got Velvet and Crissy dolls. Their hair grew if you pulled on it and got shorter if you wound up the nob on their bellies. I wish my hair did that!
Another year the entire neighborhood got roller skates (yes, the kind you wear with your shoes, that have a key). That was a lot of fun!
14. What's the most exciting thing about the Holidays for you? Probably the transformed house on Christmas day.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Pumpkin Pie. (Sorry, Dad's mincemeat with the hard sauce just didn't do it for me!)
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Nativity scenes. Something just draws me to them. Lights, too, of course. I also LOVE the vocal music that gets played around this time. Nothing like it.
17. What tops your tree? An angel. Of course.
18. Which do you prefer - giving or receiving? At this age, probably giving.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Lo, How a Rose 'Ere Blooming. It's even pretty in the original German.
20. Candy Canes? Sure. Peppermint tea, too!
Edited to give credit to Angela Messenger. Thanks, Angela!