Friday, October 06, 2006

Let there be chant on earth

Matthew over at Shrine of the Holy Whapping has the right idea!

Let there be chant on earth,
and let it begin with me.
Let there be chanted Mass,
the Mass that was meant to be.
With God as our Father,
singers all are we,
Let me chant with my brothers,
at every liturgy.

Let chant begin with me,*
let this be the moment now.
With every Mass I sing,
let this be my solemn vow,

To pray each moment and sing each moment
in pure monophony...
Let there be chant on Earth,
and let it begin with me!

*This verse care of Quantitative Metathesis, a poster at the Shrine.

No comments:

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku