Friday, June 23, 2006

Solemnity of the Sacred Heart


Today is the Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. I've come to a renewed faith in the Sacred Heart as manifested through the Holy Eucharist and the Mass. In truth, there is a miracle taking place every day in the Mass. Jesus is becoming present, Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity and waiting for us to receive Him, spend time with Him, and worship Him. He is there on the altar, in the Tabernacle, each and every day and night, waiting to envelope us in the Love that emminates from His Sacred Heart. It is so easy to do, really.

It's free.

His Love is free.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love really does make the world go round. Great picture of Archangel Michael. He's my favorite. Protects me and helps me to stand strong.

Staying in Balance said...

Thanks. He's dh and ds' patron saint. A good one, that's for sure!

Anonymous said...

At my parish we commemorated the Sacred Heart, first with Mass, and then in addition to a decade of the Scriptural rosary which we usually do, we added a portion of the Divine Mercy prayer and finally the sung Litany and the Consecration Prayer to the Sacred Heart.

Just a month or so ago, we put a relief statue of the Sacred Heart in Holy Spirit Church. The parish just celebrated 40 years, but only now has a statue to commemorate this powerful symbol of our Lord's sacrificial love for us.

I guess, better late than never...

Peace!

Staying in Balance said...

Father Joe--God bless you and your parish! It seems you are not too far away from me--given the overall size of the United States! If I ever find myself in Forrestville, I'll have to come by your parish.

I have always wanted to purchase an icon of the Sacred Heart and donate it to our parish.

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku