Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's Day

What a privilege it is to be a mother! We are the gender to whom God entrusted the nurturing of new life. In this way, God gives us a special gift and ministry in His world. We are called, with Mary, to ponder all things in our hearts.
The Memorare

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help or sought your intercession was left unaided.

Inspired with this confidence, I fly to you, O virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me.
~Amen.


3 comments:

Saint Peter's helpers said...

Happy Mother's Day! Hope you had a nice celebration.

Unknown said...

Wonderful reflexion on the role of the mother ! Happy Mother's Day and isn't it St Dymphna's Day today ?

Staying in Balance said...

Deo gratias,
You are right! Thanks for the reminder!

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku