Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Need a career change? Look no further.

I've decided that now is the time for a new profession. DH goes to a sedation dentist. I would like to go to a sedation tax preparer. Yes, a little valium around tax time is something that so many of us could benefit from, I think.

As with health professionals, "bedside" manner is important in tax preparers too. I need all the calm, cheerful encouragement I can get when mid-April comes around. I need to know that the professional is centered and in control because God knows I'm not!

Perhaps I should remember to pray and up my intake of Sleepy Time tea to start with.

4 comments:

Charley said...

That's probably a good idea :). As a fundraiser, this time of year is particularly frustrating. Sleepy time tea is always a good option!

Blessings,
Charley
http://journals.aol.com/cdittric77/courage

Staying in Balance said...

You're a fundraiser? That must be frustrating at times!

Mairin :o) said...

Or you could be a pulmonologist who charges a $25 copay and does the most cursory exam possible, laughs and demeans the patient and tells the patient exactly nothing that she (without an MD) didn't know before she went in. What a ripoff, jerk and waste of my time!

Yes, I am bitter.

Staying in Balance said...

That's terrible! As I said, IMO, "bedside manner" is of utmost importance.

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku