Friday, December 09, 2005

Grotto accepting donations for Luminous Mysteries


I live rather close to the National Shrine Grotto of Lourdes at Mount Saint Mary's University in Emmitsburg, MD and noticed the other day that they are planning on adding a series of mosaics depicting the Mysteries of Light of the Rosary. They currently have a beautiful outdoor Rosary Walk with mosaics for each of the Joyful, Sorrowful and Glorious mysteries. The Grotto is a very powerful and peaceful place to visit and spend time with the Lord.

If you are ever in the area of the east coast of the U.S. it is worth spending some time there. If your are interested in donating toward the building of these new mosaics, send your donations payable to The Grotto of Lourdes to:

National Shrine Grotto of Lourdes,
Mount Saint Mary's University,
Emmitsburg , MD 21727


Their website says that

While a special plaque will honor those donors who give $250 or more, please know that gifts at all levels will be most appreciated.

4 comments:

Matthew said...

That sounds so beautiful to walk there and pray. I don't live near there, but I would love to visit.

Charley said...

Thank you for pointing this out. Living only a stones throw from the Grotto myself, this is a great way to become involved!
With peace and love,
Charley
http://journals.aol.com/CDittric77/Courage

Staying in Balance said...

I'm really looking forward to seeing them complete--God willing. It is such a strong spiritual place.

Staying in Balance said...

If memory serves me, I think its a metal of Christ of some sort. I think He is shown with the crown of thornes...I'll have to double check next time I'm there.

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku