Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Christmas Meme

This Christmas Meme is from Carmel via Wendy.

1. Hot Chocolate or apple cider?
Both, please!

2. Turkey or Ham?
Either is fine, but ham is nice for a change.

3. Do you get a Fake or Real you cut it yourself christmas tree?
Small, fake and fiber optic. Much easier on the mental health!

4. Decorations on the outside of your house?
No, none to speak of, really.

5. Snowball fights or sledding?
Sledding, definately.

6. Do you enjoy going downtown shopping?
We used to go "downtown" to see the Christmas lights and moving decorations in the store windows when I was a kid.

7. Favorite Christmas song?
Lo, How a Rose E'er Blooming

8. How do you feel about Christmas movies?
I like ones with a message and I like older ones.

9. When is it too early to start listening to Christmas music?
I've been known to hum or sing Christmas carols any time of year. My mom used to sing O Holy Night so much, that I didn't realize it *was* a Christmas song!

10. Stockings before or after presents?
Usually after because I forget.

11. Carolers, do you or do you not watch and listen to them?
I haven't actually seen carolers, live, in quite a while.

12. Go to someone elses house or they come to you?
Recently, we mostly go to others' houses.

13. Do you read the Christmas Story?
Actually, yes. We had a tradition of reading the Christmas story when ds was a small child.

14. What do you do after presents and dinner?
Well, presents usually greatly precede dinner. Depending on our singing schedule, we may have Mass to go to, or visiting. DH just likes to relax and "chill".

15. What is your favorite holiday smell?
In spite of my fake fiber optic tree, I do love the smell of fresh pine.

16. Ice skating or walking around the mall?
Realistically, these days, I'd better walk around the mall!

17. Do you open a present or presents on Christmas Eve, or wait until Christmas day? DH had a tradition of opening one on Christmas Eve, so, if he thinks about it, we do it.

18. Favorite Christmas memory?
Christmas itself is a favorite memory.

19. Favorite Part about winter?
Good, warm, food. Fresh baked bread. Spiced hot apple cider, snow.

20. Ever been kissed under mistletoe?
Yes, actually. My mom used to put up mistletoe.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved the reason for a small fake and fiber optic tree! lol.
I sing O holy night an awful lot too it's so addictive.
I have never even seen mistletoe!!
Have a great and blessed Christmas :D

Darrell said...

Several years ago I was the victim of a "drive-by caroling." A car pulled up in front of my apartment and slammed on the breaks, and a group of teenagers got out quickly and sang the sloppiest, fastest, most apathetic version of "What Child Is This" anyone has ever heard, and then piled back into the car and took off. I don't know who had forced them to go caroling, but I fail to see how any of us benefited from it. ;)

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku