Thursday, November 10, 2005

Patron Saint of Common Sense


A great article over at Ignatius Insight about Saint Therese of Lisieux entitled, St. Thérèse of Lisieux: Patron Saint of Common Sense by Stephen Sparrow. I don't know about you, but I could certainly use a patron saint of common sense myself!

One thing it says that I didn't know--Therese was given to a foster mother, Rose Taillè as a newborn because her mother had breast cancer and couldn't nurse her. She would visit her family each week when Rose went to market. At fifteen months, Therese was sent back to her family permanently and raised by her 2 oldest sisters.

Saint Therese has always been one of my favorite saints and is certainly is a saint for our times!

No comments:

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku