Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Portable Comfort

I ran into a great article on Open-Mind.org on healthy ways to comfort yourself in times of anxiety. Their suggestions include:

*carry things in your pockets
*wear a necklace that makes you feel strong or good or happy
*bring along a comfort book
*bring some small vials of essential oils, or some smell that makes you feel good
*bring a MP3 player, CD player, or walkman with you


Notice how many of these suggestions are applicable to Catholic spirituality. Carry a rosary, wear a medal, read the Office, smell some incense, listen to some chant.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great observation! I like that

Renaud said...

I keep stuffing my pockets with printouts folded in 8. I feel like I'm carrying a piece of my home...
Weird, isn't it ?

Staying in Balance said...

Renaud,
What is it that is on your printouts?

Unknown said...

I said the rosary the other night and thought of this post :D

Staying in Balance said...

The rosary is a great way to relax for me. I have to watch out when I say it while driving though! :0

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku