Sunday, October 30, 2005

All Saints Day


Don't forget, All Saints Day (Tuesday) is a Holy Day of Obligation in the Latin Church. Parishes often have a vigil Mass the night before, as well as Masses the day of the holy day.

We have the entire Communion of Saints in Heaven with God who are praying for us continually. Something that is often overlooked today, is that a saint is merely a person who has made it to Heaven. Therefore, we all hope to be a saint one day. Is sainthood your goal? Who is your favorite saint?

4 comments:

Matthew said...

Nice post. My favorite saint...well. I have several: St. Padre Pio, St. Patrick, St. Francis of Assisi, St. Thomas Aquinas (my confirmation Saint), and of course Mary.

And I like how you mention that a saint is merely someone that has reached Heaven. These could be anyone of us, and I hope we are one day counted among their numbers.

God Bless

Staying in Balance said...

Some of my favorite saints are Saint Therese, Saint Rose of Lima, Saint Francis, St. Margaret Mary and Saint Michael the Archangel.

Renaud said...

Our two "fellow" saints for 2005 are : St Faustina, apostle of the Divine Mercy and Marthe Robin, who is not sanctified (yet ?). And of course, St Augustin whose name is our son's.

Staying in Balance said...

I love the message of Divine Mercy! So good for our times! I haven't heard of Marthe Robin. I'll have to read about her.

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku