Sunday, October 30, 2005

100 Best 20th Century Novels

Thanks to Wendy for pointing me to the All-Time 100 Best English Language Novels from 1923 to the present.

Here is a tentative list of the ones I think I probably read at one time! (Many others that didn't make my list are ones that my dh has read and a few others are ones where I've seen the movie)

Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret
Judy Blume

The Day of the Locust
Nathanael West

Death Comes for the Archbishop
Willa Cather

The Great Gatsby
F. Scott Fitzgerald

Invisible Man
Ralph Ellison

Light in August
William Faulkner

Native Son

Richard Wright

The Sun Also Rises
Ernest Hemingway

To the Lighthouse
Virginia Woolf

No comments:

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku