Monday, September 05, 2005

Groovy!


DS and I have been having a wonderful time listening to records--yes, records, not CDs, or tapes, or whatever else they have out there. I have a record collection from DH, my dad and myself. We have organized them into favorites and others, and have been having a great time listening to old Beatles records, PDQ BACH, The Tonight Show Band and numerous 45's. We even found a record of my father's audition for a radio job at WBJC in Baltimore from 1949--ten years before he met my mother.

So its been a trip down memory lane and beyond for both of us!

2 comments:

cube said...

Funny I would read this now. Just recently we bought a used turntable just to listen to all our old albums. Groovy is right!

Staying in Balance said...

I think its totally cool how albums are being preserved.

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku