Thanks to Dan L. at Catholic Answers forums for providing this wonderful idea!
What do you remember from the 1960's?
* Love beads
* All my cousins wearing these really short skirts that my mom wouldn't let me wear
* The Huntley Brinkley Report
* Walter Cronkite
* Cigarette commercials
* Everybody smoking (except my father who died when he was 57.)
* Vietnam every night on the news
* Riots in DC
* Drinking soda about once a year on our summer vacation because it was a TREAT!
* My dad working one job, coming home at 6 every night and my mom not working outside the home
* Having only one car in the family
* Not having to wear seatbelts in our one car
* Not having air conditioning in our one car
* Not having a radio in our one car
* Listening to our transistor radio slide back and forth behind the back seat of our one car
* My mom cooking boring but nutritious food for us, 3 meals a day, even though she hated cooking
* My parents paying cash for every car they ever bought
* Not realizing that The Wizard of Oz was in color because we only had one, black and white TV
* The Ed Sullivan Show
* The Jackie Gleason Show
* Mr. Ed
* My Mother the Car
* My Favorite Martian
* Queen for a Day
* Wearing a hat, gloves and patent leather shoes to church every Sunday
*Altar boys using patens
* Eagerly awaiting to see what color each nun's hair was when they went to short habits.
* Feeling petrified at the thought of having to shake strangers' hands at the then new, "kiss of peace" at Mass.
* New year's eve, 1968
* Being woken up to watch the first man land on the moon.
What about you?