"The media can wreak great harm on the family when it offers an inadequate or even distorted vision of life, of the family itself and of religion and morality."
-- Pope John Paul II, May 2004
Top Ten Lies of Television from Justpeace.org
10. TV is real life.
9. TV news tells the truth.
8. TV characters are good role models.
7. Children's TV is harmless.
6. TV advertising benefits you.
5. Everybody watches it, so I have to.
4. My life will be better if I buy advertised products.
3. What I and my kids watch doesn't really affect us.
2. I can learn all I need to know by watching TV.
And the Number One Lie is:
Television is Necessary.
(S) shareright 1997-2000 by Robert Waldrop, http://www.justpeace.org . This document may be freely reprinted or forwarded via the internet or any other communications medium as long as this notice is included with the forwarded or reprinted copy.