Sunday, June 05, 2005

Mass--its not a dirty word

I am continually horrified when I hear Catholics refer to the Mass as a "service". It *is* Mass and Mass is not a dirty word, folks! IMHO, we should not be embarrassed to BE Catholics and to attend MASS!

I once was asked a question in church by a man in a roman collar as to when "the service" started. I assumed, by his ignorance of proper Catholic terminology, that he was a visiting Protestant minister, but alas, it was not so. (What are they teaching in those seminaries these days?!)

So, if you are Catholic, and the "service" you attend has the Consecration by a validly ordained priest, it is a MASS!

No comments:

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku